Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year here in Coast Mountains School District. I hope you have had an enjoyable summer break with some time to both relax and recharge, as well as pursue some of your personal interests.
The return to school is an exciting time for staff, students, and their families, often accompanied by a new-found energy and optimism for the year ahead. For me, this year in particular brings a great sense of enthusiasm for the opportunities to build positive relationships that support the well-being and engagement of students in meaningful learning within classrooms that are welcoming, safe and inclusive.
This year Coast Mountains School District will embark on the Board of Education’s new strategic plan – Engage, Ignite, Empower – focused on student academic success and school community wellness, all while embracing and honouring the rich cultures and diversity within our classrooms and school environments. You are encouraged to have a look at the 2022-2027 Strategic Plan (access link to view).
This communication includes important school start-up and bussing information for our school communities (as detailed below). Please do not hesitate to contact the school should you have any questions or require further clarification. For your convenience, we provide a link to the CMSD82 2022-2023 School Contact Information.
Again, welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We all look forward to seeing you in September.
Superintendent of Schools
Pre-registration for all schools (with the exception of the Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre) will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 30 and 31, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Students not pre-registered should register on these dates.
District Schools will open on Tuesday, September 6 for all students (except Kindergarten).
- Kindergarten students are requested to begin attending on the date arranged by the school.
- Buses will make their morning runs at the usual time and their return runs after students have been in attendance for approximately two hours EXCEPT for students enrolled at Hazelton Secondary, Kitwanga Elementary, Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary, Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary and New Hazelton Elementary Schools who will attend at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 6.
- The Alternate Bus Times for the afternoon of September 6 only for Kitwanga/Hazelton Schools and Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School as well as the 2022-2023 Bus Schedule/Routes effective September 6 and 7 respectively are available here (click on link to view).
Regular school hours and bus runs will begin on Wednesday, September 7. Access the following links to view the 2022-2023 Return to School Messages and Bus Routes including school contacts:
CMSD82 2022-23 Hazelton-Kitwanga Return to School Message & Bus Routes
CMSD82 2022-23 Kitimat Return to School Message & Bus Routes
CMSD82 2022-23 Stewart Return to School Message
CMSD82 2022-23 Terrace-Thornhill Return to School Message & Bus Routes
Should you have questions or concerns regarding bus routing and scheduling the following steps are suggested:
1) Contact your child’s/children’s School Principal.
2) Contact the Operations Manager at Diversified Transportation bus lines at 250-635-7042 or 1-855-538-5287 for out of town.